Innovative software for data processing and larger exploitation services
The EUROFLEETS Project aims to develop innovative and generic software, based on existing tools widely used on European fleets and its marine institutions, combining all necessary functionalities for cruise preparation, for collection, linking, processing and display of scientific data acquired during sea cruises, and for export of data and information to the main marine data centres and networks. The software will cover:
- Recovery and treatment of data from ship sailing instruments, usual sensors on board ship, multi beam echo sounders;
- Data for bathymetry and imagery, sensors on board submarines instruments, photos and videos, and for each data on a geo-referenced basis, etc.;
- Data import/export through satellite ways and standardized connection with on shore data centres headed up by SeaDataNet.
New Common interoperable and innovative payloads and tools for European AUV and ROV
The EUROFLEETS Project also aims to develop modular interchangeable scientific tools adapted to different underwater systems as ROV, AUV or observatories, including the development of:
- A shared module for In situ biogeochemical studies (BGC Module);
- A shared high resolution 3D optical mapping and monitoring system to be used on European underwater platforms (3D HDTV Module);
- A modular inter-operable In situ Chemical Analysis and Sampling Payload (ICASP Module);
- An integrated software tool designed to bring operational solutions of the above mentioned payload developments to AUV, Gliders and ROV mission management, compatible with the beneficiaries underwater systems: mission preparation, planning and validation, real time mission supervision, post-mission analysis and playback, cruise and mission data management,
thereby enhancing the potential of the European marine sciences and the quality of data.