A representative of the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) will participate in Executive Committee meetings and advise about scientific issues. The aim is to maintain communication and coordinated actions with research and other marine organisations for a cost efficient marine research and avoid duplication of various actions.
The members of the Scientific Advisory Committee are:
- Katherine Richardson Cristensen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark (Chair)
- Riina Klais, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Eva Krasakopoulou, Hellenic Centre for Marine Research, Greece
- Veerle Huvenne, Natural Environment Research Council, United Kingdom
- Sabine Kasten, Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research, Germany