The Eurofleets+ project will facilitate open access to an integrated and advanced research vessel fleet, designed to meet the evolving and challenging needs of the user community.
The specific objectives of the Eurofleets+ project are:
- Provide efficient, single-point, transnational access to an impressive fleet of research vessels and specialised infrastructure for European and international research communities.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary research groups to access European and global seas and oceans to conduct excellent research, with priority given to new users, early stage researchers, women scientists and researchers from less equipped countries.
- Develop tools and equipment to meet the evolving challenges of marine research, especially for deep ocean research and exploration, data management, and virtual access.
- Increase the likelihood of new innovative products, processes or services, important for the optimisation of the European research fleet and for future user needs, through close collaboration with industry.
- Enable free and open access to data, adding value, advancing knowledge and enabling further innovation.
- Establish dialogue with stakeholders from key user communities to inform and integrate the development, operation and strategic direction of the European research fleet.
- Develop a strategic roadmap and long-term sustainability plan for advanced and user-oriented transnational access.
- Provide comprehensive training and exchange programmes for user communities and professional staff, increase ocean literacy, inspire emerging researchers, and attract women to science through targeted educational activities.
- Disseminate and communicate the project activities and results to a wide range of interested organizations and individuals to ensure international recognition for Eurofleets+ and an enduring impact