The Eurofleets+ project will facilitate open access to an integrated and advanced research vessel fleet, designed to meet the evolving and challenging needs of the user community. European and international researchers from academia and industry will be able to apply for several access programmes, through a single-entry system. Eurofleets+ will prioritise support for research on sustainable, clean and healthy oceans, linking with existing ocean observation infrastructures, and it will support innovation through working closely with industry.
EUROFLEETS+ accessible Research Vessels: The project will enable access to a unique fleet of 27 state-of-the-art research vessels (13 Global/Ocean and 14 Regional) from European and international partners. Through competitive calls, Eurofleets+ will provide a wide geographic coverage, with access to: Mediterranean and the Black Sea; Baltic Sea and North Sea, North Atlantic (incl. Greenland and Norwegian seas), and Pacific Southern Ocean and Ross Sea.
EUROFLEETS+ accessible embarked equipment: Researchers will have access to cutting edge equipment, which includes 7 ROVs and 5 AUVs. A unique portable telepresence system will enable remote access by researchers and diverse end users including the public; a first for Europe.
Three access programmes will be launched in Eurofleets+:
1) Ship-time and Marine Equipment Application (SEA programme) for access to the vessels and marine equipment through a full ship-time application, for which there will be a minimum of two calls, with „ocean“ and „regional“ vessels.
2) Co-PI programme specifically aimed at early career researchers to implement their own research together with experienced scientists in Eurofleets+ scheduled cruises. The Co-PI programme will be open to applications in a continuous running call.
3) Remote Transnational Access (RTA programme) to provide researchers with remote access to samples or data from a Eurofleets + fleet vessel. RTA programme applications will be submitted in a continuous running call. Remote access will allow smaller projects, sample or data needs, to be addressed, when this can be accomplished with one day of ship time.
Non European applicants are also eligible for funding.
Industry partners, early career researchers and female researchers are encouraged to apply.
EurofleetsPlus funds will cover:
- use of the vessels, crew, fuel and other standard operating costs
- Travel expenses for the embarked team and transport of equipment and samples
For further information please contact:
EUROFLEETSPlus Call Management & Evaluation Office
Dr. Anneli Strobel
International Cooperation Unit
ALFRED-WEGENER-INSTITUT HELMHOLTZ-ZENTRUM FÜR POLAR- UND MEERESFORSCHUNG
Am Handelshafen 12
Tel: +49 471 4831-1479
Eurofleets+ Cruise Report Templates:SEA Programme Cruise Report Template
Co-PI Programme Cruise Report Template
RTA Programme Cruise Report Template