Trans-national access will be provided to selected Co-PI projects (‘user groups’), i.e. teams of one up to three participants in maximum, led by a principal investigator (PI). Proposals for access to any of the offered infrastructures will be accepted if they meet the following 5 strict criteria:
- Affiliation: The applicant (PI) for a Co-PI project must work in a country other than the country that owns and operates the infrastructure. E.g. a Norwegian PI is entitled to apply for ship-time on all of the listed vessels, except RVs carrying the Norwegian flag (e.g. RV G.O. Sars).
- Work experience: The Co-PI Programme is open to early career researchers or experienced researchers of any nationality, without previous participation as PI in a research cruise.
- Cruise duration: The days of access to RVs or ME, requested by the applicants, should not exceed three working days as the days will be incorporated into larger EF cruises.
- Data management: A Data Management Plan (DMP) must be submitted together with the proposal. The DMP should follow the EUROFLEETS+ guidelines.
- Dissemination: Only users that are entitled to and willing to disseminate the knowledge they will generate under the project are eligible to benefit from access free of charge to the infrastructures under the Eurofleets+ flag. Users must agree to comply with the EUROFLEETS+ data policy.
The non-fulfilment of any of the previous criteria implies the non-acceptance of the proposal for further evaluation.